ICB Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping (Manual)
Make IDEAL Schools your #1 Training Partner
AfICB - Part A
This course of study covers the manual section of study required within the Affiliate Membership Level of ICB. To gain the AfICB Membership status you would also be required to complete the Level II computerised element, details of which can be found here. We also have an AfICB course package and, overall, this would be your cheapest option.
Entry requirements: There are no entry requirement for this course of study
Ideal Schools will provide:
• All Study Materials provided in presentation folders
• 1 year tutorial support via phone, email & 24/7 support via private Facebook groups
• 1st year ICB Student Registration
• Continuous Self Progress tests & Answers
• 6 x tutor marked assignments (TMA's)
• Online report templates to help with assignment completion
• 2 x Mock Paper
• 4 x Online Practice Paper (ICB Rogo - exam standard)
• Exam Pass GUARANTEE
• Continued career support
Associated Exams: B1 & B2
Exam Structure: 2 x home based examinations
Study Time: Approx 30-40 hours
Exam fees:Exam fees for this course option are £42.00 and include our ‘college discount’.When it comes to paying for your exams you have two options:
- During online registration, select to switch to the option that incorporates the exam fees. With this option, your exam fees are either added to your full payment or spread evenly throughout your interest free payment term.
- Pay as you go: As you complete each section of study you'll be instructed to book your exams. If you have not pre-paid these you'd simply contact our admin team to pay and we'll then place your exam order.
The choice is yours!!
Topics covered within this level are as follows:
Underpinning Knowledge: understand the...
importance of adhering to a code of Professional Ethics
basic differences between the structures of different types of businesses
importance of legislation that applies to bookkeepers
basic elements of a contract
concept of reporting on a cash basis for income tax purposes
various of methods of payments and receipts to and from a bank account
need for bank security
basic accounting concepts
Business Documents: understand the...
purpose and range of business documents
need to accurately prepare business documents for goods supplied
need to check business documents received
Ledger Accounts: understand...
the purpose of, and make entries into, the ledger accounts
a set of control accounts in the ledgers
Books of Prime Entry:
Understand the purpose of, and make entries into, the books of prime entry
Accounting for VAT:
Understand the process of dealing with and accounting for VAT in the ledgers
Making and receiving payments: Understand the...
use of an analysed cash book
purpose and need to record petty cash
purpose and use of the two and three column cash books
The Trial Balance:
Understand the purpose and use of the trial balance