AfICB - ICB Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping (Sage 50 Accounts Essentials)
Make IDEAL Schools your #1 Training Partner
25% package saving now available
This Affiliate Membership course, including both manual & computerised bookkeeping elements, covers the basic principles of single and double entry bookkeeping and its application to business. There are no entry requirements for this course package and upon successful completion of your examinations possible employment opportunities would include Assistant Bookkeeper.
On its own this package is not suitable for self-employment as a bookkeeper. If this is your end goal one of the following packages would suit your requirements and be more cost effective: Click here for Self Employment course packages.
Ideal Schools will provide:
- All Study Materials provided in presentation folders
- 1 year tutorial support via phone, email & 24/7 support via private Facebook groups
- 1st year ICB Student Registration
- Sage 50 Accounts Essentials
- Continuous Self Progress tests & Answers
- 10 x tutor marked assignments (TMA's)
- Online report templates to help with assignment completion
- 3 x Mock Papers
- 5 x Official ICB Online Practice Papers
- Exam pass GUARANTEE
- Continued career support
Associated Exams: B1, B2 & B3
Exam Structure: 3 x home based examinations
Study Time: Approx 60-70 hours
NOTE: due to the current course upgrade offer, we have temporarily disabled the option to add exams during online registration. If you wish to add the cost of exams, please call offices on 0141 248 5200 or 0800 028 1404
Exam fees:Exam fees for this course option are £63.00 and include our ‘college discount’.When it comes to paying for your exams you have two options:
- During online registration, select to switch to the option that incorporates the exam fees. With this option, your exam fees are either added to your full payment or spread evenly throughout your interest free payment term.
- Pay as you go: As you complete each section of study you'll be instructed to book your exams. If you have not pre-paid these you'd simply contact our admin team to pay and we'll then place your exam order.
The choice is yours!!
Topics covered within this level are as follows:
Underpinning Knowledge: understand the...
1.importance of adhering to a code of Professional Ethics
2.basic differences between the structures of different types of businesses
3.importance of legislation that applies to bookkeepers
4.basic elements of a contract
6.concept of reporting on a cash basis for income tax purposes
7.various of methods of payments and receipts to and from a bank account
8.need for bank security
9.basic accounting concepts
Business Documents: understand the...
1.purpose and range of business documents
2.need to accurately prepare business documents for goods supplied
3.need to check business documents received
Ledger Accounts: understand...
1.the purpose of, and make entries into, the ledger accounts
2.a set of control accounts in the ledgers
Books of Prime Entry:
Understand the purpose of, and make entries into, the books of prime entry
Accounting for VAT:
Understand the process of dealing with and accounting for VAT in the ledgers
Making and receiving payments: Understand the...
1.use of an analysed cash book
2.purpose and need to record petty cash
3.purpose and use of the two and three column cash books
The Trial Balance:
Understand the purpose and use of the trial balance
Use a computerised accounting package:
1.Business Set Up
2.Health and Safety
3.Processing Nominal Ledger and Subsidiary Ledger Accounts
Software Supplied – Sage 50 Accounts Essentials
Ideal Schools have a policy of only supplying software that can continue to be used when study is completed; it will not stop operating. Your software is provided with 1 year Sage technical support but we'll provide all the study support you need for exam and career prep. After study, if you feel you'd benefit from ongoing Sage support and/or software updates, you can take advantage our Sage Business Partner status and receive significant discount on ongoing costs.
- Providing all the functionality you'll need as a bookkeeper, as part of the Sage 50 Accounting suite, your knowledge gained will be easily transferable throughout all Sage 50 products, ensuring compatibility with the majority of working accountants.
- Your software is supplied with Sage Technical support, ensuring you have all the guidance you need at your fingertips.This is on top of the exam and career support provided by IDEAL.
- As a Sage Business Partner we receive significant discounts on on-going support and upgrade costs. As a student of IDEAL, 100% of this discount will be passed on to you.
- Minimum System requirements: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7; Intel 2.0 GHz processor; 2 GB DDR3 RAM; 5 GB Hard Drive. (Are you a MAC user? Please call us for advice)
If you would like added advice on software or any other part of our training we have an experienced team at your disposal. Call us now on 0800 028 1404 or 0141 248 5200.